Helping Students Catch Up or Get Ahead
Lafayette Academy – Your Local Learning Center
“The Best Tutoring Center Near Me”
Proprietary, Targeted Tutoring Curriculum: A Secret Sauce for Tutoring
- We continue to expand Lafayette Academy’s “proprietary tutoring curriculum:” We’re not giving away our secrets, but we can give you a few examples:
- Our curriculum starts where students stop. We meet our students where they are stuck and guide them to “aha.”
- Our lead tutors have developed or approved most of the curriculum. They mentor less experienced tutors.
- All our tutors know their subjects well, but they may not be familiar with a unique, proven Lafayette Academy approach.
- Our curriculum includes different teaching strategies or lesson plans for students with atypical learning styles. We KNOW what works, with whom, and why.
Lafayette Academy Tutors
- Our tutors are more invested in Lafayette Academy students than tutors who work for larger companies. We hire tutors with pride and empathy.
- Our tutors know the local textbooks and we are targeting other school districts that use Big Ideas Math.
- Our online, private tutoring has also become a focal point for Lafayette Academy. Not surprisingly, our families give it rave reviews.
- We expect our 2022/2023 students to get mostly A’s and some B’s! Every student should get a one or two-letter grade improvement.
Grades K-8 Programs
Three important programs for K-8 students: Master Math, Strategic Reading, and Intentional Writers. All programs are assessment-based to identify and correct any skill gaps that may have emerged during Covid or before. We GUARANTEE that your students will catch up or get ahead!
- The foundations for our K-8 programs are state-of-the-art online platforms that were developed at Stanford University and leading educational publishers.
- However, these are not “computer-only” programs. Each student is led by a teacher who is familiar with local standards and benchmarks. This isn’t Kumon.
- Master Math, Intentional Writers, and Strategic Reading will also help students with what they are learning in school (during the school year).
- We also provide supplemental materials that are informed by each student’s learning style.
- We regularly assess our students to ensure that they’re making progress. You will see noticeable improvements.
- Private tutoring is also available for elementary & middle school students.
More About Lafayette Academy
Our Philosophy & Other Important Considerations
Many of you know us well and probably don’t need to read the list below. Still, we want to make sure that everyone fully understands our commitment to your children. Simply stated, we will do whatever it takes to help your son or daughter (or both) thrive in school.
- Our tutors won’t just “tutor.” If necessary, they will coach or mentor your children to identify any issues that might impact learning.
- Our relaxed, fun approach is not just designed to attract students. It’s conducive to learning because a relaxed learner gets and retains concepts more easily than one who is stressed out. What happens to your memory when you’re stressed?
- Our tutors are the “adults” in the relationship. More than ever, your children need extra guidance to ensure that they remain focused on the work. More than ever, you need help from us because of the demands that have been placed upon you. For example, we won’t placate children who simply want us to help them with their homework. Our job is to explain the material so well that students can complete their own homework in a timely fashion.
- Our tutors include young college graduates, current and retired teachers, local college students who did well in high school, and a variety of people with interesting backgrounds and great rapport with our students.
- We can always find a great match for your child.
- During the academic year, we tutor most subjects, 6 days a week (Saturday – Thursday), and we offer same-day tutoring.
“The Best Tutoring Center Near Me”
- There is no contract or upfront fee to start with Lafayette Academy. We’re a community service first, business second.
- If you’re having any financial issues, you can email me at email@example.com or our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case you haven’t figured this out, we genuinely care about our community and the families who trust us with their children. Thanks for staying with us during these trying times.
- We know all of our tutors, so we don’t need a robot or AI to make good matches between tutors and students. All tutors aced difficult placement tests to join our staff.
Once we learn about your student(s), we will find you a great match. Our tutors are intimately familiar with the local curriculum (and many of the teachers) in Lamorinda and the San Ramon Valley School District, particularly at Acalanes, Campo, Miramonte, and San Ramon Valley. Our rates vary from $44/hour (for prepaid Shadow Classes) – $79/hour for private tutoring. Again, we quietly help families with financial challenges.learn_more]
The Best Tutoring Center Near Me in Lafayette, and for Orinda, Moraga, Walnut Creek, and Alamo
Request Tutoring Today
"*" indicates required fields