(Grades K – 8)
Our k-8 math program, Master Math, helps elementary and middle school students catch up or get ahead in math, just as our Strategic Reading and Intentional writing programs help students excel in those areas. Our programs combine actionable assessments with engaging instruction to drive student gains in reading, mathematics, and writing. These programs are vital to offset the impact of school closures and distance learning on many students’ progress. Moreover, we want to help all students reach their potential by middle school, so they can get on their fastest track in high school. This has enormous benefits.
K-8 Math aka Master Math
- K-8 Math begins with comprehensive assessments that are correlated with State Standards and Benchmarks.
- We evaluate the assessment results and create a personalized learning program for each student.
- We meet with students twice a week in one-on-one or small group sessions.
- Our tutors also help students with any challenges they’re having with their current schoolwork.
- We provide progress assessments every 6 weeks to ensure that we’re making real progress (on top of what you’re seeing in school)
- You will see real changes in your K-8 Math students!
Redbird Math Grades K-8
- Redbird Math from McGraw-Hill is an amazing program that was developed at Stanford University.
- Redbird is an adaptive program that guides personalized instruction for each student based on his or her ongoing level.
- Redbird is the foundation for our Master Math program, but every student will also be guided by an experienced teacher.
Why Lafayette Academy?
- We have experienced, personable teachers who complete extensive training for each program.
- Our personalized assessments reveal skill gaps that are addressed in our programs; we will also incorporate students’ learning style(s).
- Our instructors will monitor your child’s progress EVERY week.
- Our instructors will incorporate study skills, and mentoring (when necessary) with subject-specific help.
- We are continuing to raise the bar for online instruction, and we will do whatever it takes to ensure student success.
- We try to hire empathetic, patient teachers because we know how K-8 math can affect young people.
The (not so) Fine Print
- Each Master Math session is 50 minutes, long enough to be meaningful and short enough to keep your son or daughter’s attention. Plus, it gives us a slight buffer and provides time for teacher’s notes.
- You can purchase 18 or 36 session packages: 18 sessions are $79/hour ($1,422 + assessments); 36 sessions are $69/hour ($2,484), includes ongoing assessments). As always, we will help you make the right decision for your child.
- Comprehensive assessments are $150.