Shadow Classes ®
Small Group Tutoring Sessions in Lafayette and ONLINE
Shadow Classes® Overview
- Shadow Classes® are weekly small group tutoring sessions that follow specific classes at local schools.
- Each (small) class is led by a gifted instructor who helps students understand complicated topics, prepare for tests, and earn higher grades.
- Shadow Classes® “start where students stop,” meaning that our instructors know how to jump in and fix the students’ problems!
- We have a variety of classes scheduled for Acalanes, Campo, and Miramonte. We will add more classes each week.
- Class activities vary weekly. The activities may include focusing on an upcoming test, explaining current topics, previewing upcoming chapters, reviewing fundamentals, or discussing what’s on the students’ minds.
- That last activity bothers a few parents, but it has been an important part of our formula for years. Students have fun at Lafayette Academy and they don’t waste time chatting when they have a lot to do or there’s an upcoming test.
Need more reasons to enroll?
Here are six more features that make these small group tutoring sessions a no-brainer:
- Shadow Classes® are taught by our best instructors, who may not be available for one-on-one tutoring.
- Our instructors collaborate (in person and via Slack) to ensure that everyone teaches “best of breed” strategies.
- We have created proprietary “tutoring curriculum” to explain many of the difficult concepts.
- When necessary, our students get access to FREE Reviews for upcoming tests.
- Lafayette Academy personalizes instruction: our instructors know their students, their unique learning styles, and how to help each one.
- Many students thrive in small groups because they benefit from other students’ questions and the class camaraderie.
Shadow Classes are $216/month ($54/week per class), but the fee is only $44/week if you pre-pay for the rest of the semester. You will not find a more targeted, helpful, and affordable small group learning option anywhere.
Why have students loved Shadow Classes® for many years?
“We get to study with our friends and it’s an easy way to stay on top of our harder subjects.” Gina C.
“I thought they were very informative and they helped me for later in the week. I also had fun so I enjoyed it.” Julianna D.
Read more testimonials
“I love that the tutors really care about our success, not only in a particular class but life in general. It is a great program and has helped me a lot.”
“It’s great to have a scheduled time every week for all the stuff you didn’t get during class. My shadow classes were really really helpful!” Lauren H.
“Your staff is wonderful and they know how to teach. They all help with any questions and everything.” Maddy M.
“It was hard at first. But with my fellow Shadow classmates and my tutor helping me, I finally got it! Lafayette Academy is GREAT!” Patrick J.
“Spanish became easier to understand and it became so much easier to get an A.” Joe H.
“The Shadow Class teacher’s passion for teaching has resulted in our rising grades. Kudos!” Navid H.
“They helped me to improve my skills in all of my classes.” Anonymous
“They helped me understand the concepts better and it was lots of fun.” Julianne K.
“Not only can I catch up with things I missed in class, but I can get ahead and finally understand what the teacher is trying to say while the rest of the class struggles.” Anonymous
“I like the teacher and the amazing learning experience!” Evan W.
“Before I started taking these shadow classes, I was struggling immensely. Now it all makes sense.” Mike W.
“I can spend as much time as I need getting help on individual problems that I didn’t understand.” Katie K.
“I learned stuff in this class my teacher never covered.” Melanie A.
“I was confused, and my grades weren’t the greatest. Now Spanish makes sense and is fun!” Tart T.
“Fun environment and very helpful. I learned a lot, especially in bio.” Jackie B.
“They improved my grades a lot and were a great way to learn. Everything is great. I had a fun year and I’ll be back again.” Cam A.
“I liked how much Matt was willing to help. I really appreciated his help in Spanish. I think the shadow classes are excellent.” Lauren B.
“I am comfortable with the material for once.” Sean W. “I liked them because they raised my grades and were very enjoyable.” Ben E.
|The last time we surveyed our Shadow Class students, 91% said that their grades were one or two letters higher thanks to our classes!|
Contact Us Today
"*" indicates required fields