Helping Students Keep Up or Get Ahead During the Pandemic
Our Private Tutoring Is Different
- We have expert tutors who are intimately familiar with the local curriculum. They do NOT wing it.
- We continue to enhance our unique “tutoring curriculum” that features the best ways to explain confusing topics.
- Our lead tutors know how to overcome the common problem areas, and they mentor our newer tutors.
- We identify each student’s unique learning style(s) and tailor our sessions accordingly.
- Our tutors know the local textbooks and we target other school districts that use the same materials (e.g. Big Ideas Math).
Our Private & Group Tutoring Services Are Flexible and Affordable
- Our tutors are available throughout the day 6 days a week. Once we learn about your child, we will find you a great match.
- Our tutors are intimately familiar with the local curriculum (and many of the teachers) in Lamorinda and the San Ramon Valley School District, particularly at Acalanes, Campo, Miramonte, Monte Vista, and San Ramon Valley.
- We KNOW our tutors. Many have worked in our centers and now some of them are also ONLINE! We have a small team who interviews everyone so you will not face the inconsistency that plagues the larger tutoring companies. Plus, our tutors aced difficult placement tests.
- Our rates vary from $40/hour (for prepaid Shadow Classes) – $69/hour for private tutoring. We will also help families with financial challenges.
Grades K-8 Programs: Master Math ∙ Intentional Writers ∙ Strategic Reading
We offer three important programs for K-8 students: Master Math, Strategic Reading, and Intentional Writers.
All programs are assessment-based to identify and correct any skill gaps that may have emerged during Covid or before. We GUARANTEE that your students will catch up or get ahead!
- The foundation for our K-8 programs is an innovative, state-of-the-art online platform that was developed at Stanford University (even this Cal Bear gives it a huge thumbs up!).
- However, these are not “computer-only” programs. Each student works with a teacher who is familiar with local standards and benchmarks.
- Master Math, Intentional Writers, and Strategic Reading will also help students with whatever they are currently learning in school.
- We also provide supplemental materials that are informed by each student’s learning style.
- We regularly assess our students to ensure that they’re making progress. You will see noticeable improvements.
Our Philosophy & Other Important Considerations
- Many of you know us well and probably don’t need to read the list below. Still, we want to make sure that everyone fully understands our commitment to your children. Simply stated, we will do whatever it takes to help your son or daughter (or both) thrive in school.
- Our tutors won’t just “tutor.” If necessary, they will coach or mentor your children to identify any issues that might impact learning.
- Our relaxed, fun approach is not just designed to attract students. It’s conducive to learning because a relaxed learner gets and retains concepts more easily than one who is stressed out. What happens to your memory when you’re stressed?
- Our tutors are the “adults” in the relationship. More than ever, your children need extra guidance to ensure that they remain focused on the work. More than ever, you need help from us because of the demands that have been placed upon you. For example, we won’t placate children who simply want us to help them with their homework. Our job is to explain the material so well that students can complete their own homework in a timely fashion.
- Our tutors include young college graduates from top schools, current and retired teachers, local college students who recently achieved 4+ GPAs in high school, and many other people with interesting backgrounds and impressive credentials. We can always find a great match for your child.
- We tutor most subjects, 6 days a week.
- We offer same day tutoring.
- You don’t need to sign a contract or pay a big upfront fee to come to Lafayette Academy.
- Again, we will help you if you’re facing a financial challenge. You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or our office at email@example.com.